- This event has passed.
Staying Safe in the Scottish Outdoors – Family Fun Outdoors event
February 15 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm£30 – £45
Learn how to enjoy the amazing countryside of Scotland safely and comfortably in this all-day session packed full of skills. Get tips to increase your confidence — or even spark interest in a reluctant friend or family member.
This hands-on session will include:
- essential equipment checklist
- making emergency shelters
- how to make fire
- navigation tips and tricks
Get prepared to go outside on the hills in a fun way, learning by playing games such as:
- Which Survival Tool? (most essential survival tools)
- Mountain Rescue Call-Out (how to deal with an emergency)
- First Fire (build an emergency fire)
- Shelter Wars (build an emergency shelter)
£30 for single person or £45/family (2 adults, with our without children)
Ideal for children 7 and older, though younger children are welcome (parents/guardians may need to give additional help)
What should I bring?
- Comfortable, warm layers of clothing that you don’t mind getting muddy or wet
- Waterproofs (optional)
- Lunch and drinks
We are based on the 1300 acre Bamff Estate, by Alyth in beautiful Perthshire. During and after your session, discover wild beaver dams, otters, roe deer and red squirrels.
By the end of the afternoon session you may hear the owls hooting and maybe even see the beavers!
This session is part of our Family Fun Outdoors event, taking place from 14-18 February 2018.